Tim Brunson DCH

Welcome to The International Hypnosis Research Institute Web site. Our intention is to support and promote the further worldwide integration of comprehensive evidence-based research and clinical hypnotherapy with mainstream mental health, medicine, and coaching. We do so by disseminating, supporting, and conducting research, providing professional level education, advocating increased level of practitioner competency, and supporting the viability and success of clinical practitioners. Although currently over 80% of our membership is comprised of mental health practitioners, we fully recognize the role, support, involvement, and needs of those in the medical and coaching fields. This site is not intended as a source of medical or psychological advice. -- Tim Brunson, PhD

Medical hypnosis in cases of herpes labialis improves resistance for recurrence. A pilot study

The present study examined the effectiveness of a hypnotherapeutic treatment program for patients suffering from recurrent orofacial herpes infections. Twenty-one patients were randomly allocated to either an experimental group (n=10) or a control condition (n=11). During five weekly individual therapy sessions the participants received symptom-oriented treatment. In addition, they learnt how to improve their stress coping skills and their management of aversive emotions. The final assessment took place 6 months after treatment. Besides documentation of the frequency and intensity of symptoms, questionnaires were administered to assess stress coping mechanisms (SVF), skin disease-related subjective strain (MHF) and perceptions of control (KKG). A significant reduction of disease intensity could be confirmed. Individual scales of the SVF and MHF also revealed significant results. For an effective treatment of severe herpes infections a mere focus on physical changes appears to be insufficient. A common reflection of a person's sensuality and expectations of closeness and distance seem to influence treatment success remarkably.

Psychologisches Institut, Eberhard-Karls-Universitat, Tubingen.

TrackBacks
There are no trackbacks for this entry.

Trackback URL for this entry:

Comments
khan meriam's Gravatar Hello, I just wanted to mention I have not had an outbreak of HSV 2 for almost 3 years now (since the first year I got it). When I first contacted it (did go to doctor and got confirmed) I had a couple outbreaks that year (very painful) and then no outbreaks ever again. Like I said it has been almost 8 years. The only thing I can think I did was I used essential oil applications on my sacrum. I did take anti viral meds the doctor gave me for a couple weeks after the first outbreak to take care of the acute symptoms (I didn’t take them for the 2nd outbreak later that year and now this happened in my life I can’t believe this. A great testimony that i must share to all HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS patient in the world i never believed that there could be any complete cure for Herpes or any cure for herpes,i saw people’s testimony on blog sites of how Dr. SANDY herbal cure and sent to them and they were cured. i had to try it too and you can,t believe that in just few weeks i started using it all my pains stop gradually and i had to leave without the herpes the doctor gave to me. Right now i can tell you that few months now i have not had any pain, and i have just went for text last week and the doctor confirmed that there is no trace of any herpes on my system. Glory be to God for leading me to this genuine Dr. SANDY I am so happy as i am sharing this testimony. My advice to you all who thinks that there is no cure for herpes that is Not true, Here is his email
dr.sandyspelltemple@gmail.com

dr.sandyspelltemple@hotmail.com

dr.sandyspelltemple@yahoo.com

or call Whats App Number +2349031726182 and you can email me to know how i did my khanmeriam121@gmail.com

1 Cancer herbal medicine

2 Hiv herbal medicine

3 Low sperm count

4 Barrenness

5 Hvp herbal medicine

6 Herpes herbal medicine

for your body if yes email *DR.SANDY........
# Posted By khan meriam | 3/3/17 2:01 AM
mark's Gravatar All thanks to Dr olli who help me to cure my
HIV/AID, please help me to give thanks to him he is a great man who God
send from heaven to save people's life,
then i shear tears because i never believed the possibility of it
working for me even though i played along but today i am well again
please thank this man for me,he is a wonderful man,
his email is (grategodessherbalhome@gmail.com ) or whatsapp at +2349071385302 he is the antidote to all tipe of disease good luck
# Posted By mark | 3/5/17 2:19 AM
Melanie Case's Gravatar Hello Everyone out there,I am here to give my testimony about a Herbalist doctor who helped me . I was infected with HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS in 2011, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so I was thinking how can I get a solution out so that my body can be okay. One day I was in the river side thinking where I can go to get solution. so a lady walked to me telling me why am I so sad and i open up all to her telling her my problem, she told me that she can help me out, she introduce me to a doctor who uses herbal medication to cure HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS and gave me his email, so i mail him. He told me all the things I need to do and also give me instructions to take, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is happening after two weeks the HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS that was in my body got vanished . so if you are also heart broken and also need a help, you can also email him at {oliha.miraclemedicine@gmail.com}
or whatsapp him number: +2349038382931.
Contact him today and you will have a testimony...Good luck!
# Posted By Melanie Case | 3/6/17 1:43 AM
jessica allen's Gravatar Happiness is all i see now I never thought that I will be cured from HERPES virus again. I have been suffering from a deadly disease (HERPES) for the past 3 years now, I had spent a lot of money going from one places to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was searching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how DR Aba helped someone in curing his HERPES disease, quickly I copied his email which is dr.abaherbalhome@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal cure, behold I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on ( dr.abaherbalhome@gmail.com ) or you can whatsApp his mobile number on +2348107155060
# Posted By jessica allen | 3/8/17 1:57 AM
# Posted By jessica allen | 3/8/17 1:58 AM
# Posted By jessica allen | 3/8/17 1:59 AM
joel lisa's Gravatar Am Lisa by name, i was diagnosed with Herpes for 3years ago i lived in pain with the knowledge that i wasn't going to ever be well again i contacted so many herbal doctors on this issue and wasted a large sum of money but my condition never got better i was determined to get my life back so one day i saw mr Brown post on how Dr Aba saved him from the VIRUS with herbal medicine i contacted Dr Aba on his email address dr.abaherbalhome@gmail.com we spoke on the issue i told him all that i went through and he told me not to worry that everything will be fine again so he prepared the medicine and send it to me through courier service and told me how to use it,after 14days of usage I went to see the doctor for test ,then the result was negative,am the happiest woman on earth now. this testimony is real.thanks to Dr Aba God bless you. you can also reach him on his whatsApp number +2348107155060
# Posted By joel lisa | 6/15/17 3:51 AM
bella's Gravatar I am glad with the invention of natural herbal permanent cure for herpes. Sometimes last year i was checking for permanent solution to this offensive infection i got from boy friend then i came across a testimony shared by someone who got cured already and i applied E-mail; nativeherbalclinic@gmail.com or Www.nativeherbalclinic.webs.com The herbal doctor called me to ask if i actually needed the cure, i ordered and he sent me the herbs which i used for two weeks then i was totally relieved of all symptoms. Now i completely test negative to HSV11. Thank you Doctor.
# Posted By bella | 6/23/17 4:31 PM
© 2000 - 2017The International Hypnosis Research Institute, All Rights Reserved.

Contact